Iridesce Sent
 

 
Twists and Turns of Phrase ::

iridesce at gmail dot com ::
 
 
 
About Me



Subscribe to My Site Feeds:
FeedBurner


Know; Correspond With; Love:
Something More Than a Machine

Know; Correspond With; Like:
I Am Tetsu Maiku!

Foxxtail

Frenetic License

Knock-Off Brand Root Beer Can

Penultima Thule

Dan Stutzbach

Welcome Consumer

Don't Know; Correspond With; Like:
The Dayree of Pritcher Littlebarn

James and the Blue Cat

Not Falling Down

Something Requisitely Witty and Urbane

Don't Know; Don't Correspond With; Like:
Defective Yeti

Dooce

Extended Cake Mix

Kottke

Mighty Girl

Mimi Smartypants

Oblivio

Que Sera Sera

This Afternoon in Drama

Geekery:
Astronomy Picture of the Day

Boing Boing

Engadget

Futurismic

Gizmodo

Neural

Popgadget

Slashdot

Wired News

Art and Design:
Apartment Therapy

Design Sponge

Funfurde

MoCo Loco

Sensory Impact

Shopping:
Amazon

Elsewares

Mark & Larry's Stuff

Mighty Goods

Wishing Fish

 
 
Monday, July 25, 2005
 
::PERFECT FITNESS::

Back on the wagon again, Austin and I are gym-shopping. It's really inconvenient for me to drive to UTD, so we're checking out reasonable gyms close to us. We got trial memberships to the Lakewood Gym at Mockingbird and Abrams and to the 24 Hour Fitness at Mockingbird and Greenville. Both are kind of on Austin's way to work, but it would take a miraculous appearance of a ghetto-gym to be on my way to work.

We went to 24 Hour Fitness this morning. I disliked the aggressive salesmanship and the veiled "deals," but its location and offerings were unparalleled. Despite my fears of it feeling meat-markety, it wasn't crowded or weird. Then again, if a place is meat-markety at 6:45 AM, there's something really wrong.

I did half an hour on the elliptical machine before heading home to shower and stuff. (And may I mention that I am extraordinarily jealous of a guy's ability to just shower and run?)

I won't be able to try a yoga class, since my part-time job precludes it, but I'll be back there tonight to try their weights while Austin gets his stretchy balance on. I'll be sad to miss it, if for no other reason than seeing him do yoga will be charmingly hilarious, methinks...

Tomorrow, we'll check out Lakewood, which is smaller and offers free tanning (my reaction to which makes me feel like the worst kind of hypocrite, because eyew, fake and bake! -- but cool, I may actually not be ghostly this winter).

But I do like this workout-in-the-early-morning thing a lot. Because I feel good.

Then again, I did get to sleep by 10:30 last night. And it is only Monday.
Comments:
The downtown Y is The Shit but it's pretty expensive. The Landry Center is almost on your way to work -- it's affiliated with Baylor -- and it is wayyy plush, like Madonna would go there if she were in Dallas and her yoga instructor had to go do an intervention in Tokyo that day.
 

Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Iridesce. Make your own badge here.
 

Home  |  Archives  
Site Meter