Iridesce Sent
 

 
Twists and Turns of Phrase ::

iridesce at gmail dot com ::
 
 
 
About Me



Subscribe to My Site Feeds:
FeedBurner


Know; Correspond With; Love:
Something More Than a Machine

Know; Correspond With; Like:
I Am Tetsu Maiku!

Foxxtail

Frenetic License

Knock-Off Brand Root Beer Can

Penultima Thule

Dan Stutzbach

Welcome Consumer

Don't Know; Correspond With; Like:
The Dayree of Pritcher Littlebarn

James and the Blue Cat

Not Falling Down

Something Requisitely Witty and Urbane

Don't Know; Don't Correspond With; Like:
Defective Yeti

Dooce

Extended Cake Mix

Kottke

Mighty Girl

Mimi Smartypants

Oblivio

Que Sera Sera

This Afternoon in Drama

Geekery:
Astronomy Picture of the Day

Boing Boing

Engadget

Futurismic

Gizmodo

Neural

Popgadget

Slashdot

Wired News

Art and Design:
Apartment Therapy

Design Sponge

Funfurde

MoCo Loco

Sensory Impact

Shopping:
Amazon

Elsewares

Mark & Larry's Stuff

Mighty Goods

Wishing Fish

 
 
Monday, July 18, 2005
 
::PARTY FOR THE COURSE::

The party was excellent. Aside from the unanticipated acoustical maelstrom that was the loft with 35 people in it and a brief grease fire, the shindig went off hitchless.

About 3/5 of those in attendance were of my parents' generation; the remaining 2/5 were our age or younger. The mix was great, actually -- the age groups were mutually impressed by the friendliness and coolness of the other.

My favorite photo of Austin and me is this one:


We ended up with more alcohol than we started with, thanks to our fantastic guests who brought wine and other consumables -- here's one I call "Still Life With Beer":



The loftwarming gifts didn't stop with alcohol; we got a stepladder (direly needed), candles, bread, a tiny skillet, a framed photo of my lovely friend Alisa, Austin, and me, and several LED-based gifts. Dale brought a multicolored LED array on a circuitboard, designed to vividify dreams, and then my mom brought a spinny, scepter-ish toy. Add to that cheesecake, (chocolate caramel, not cucumber), martini glasses, and a plant, too.

Again, supreme god of awesomeness Jeff (of Multipass fame) brought the best gift: an exit sign hacked with cut metal to read "100," our street address. Here I am with it:



All photos by Blake Marshall, Austin's teenage brother, whose boredom I slaked by giving him photographer duty and whose self-portrait I now feature:


Thanks, Blake!

I'll have lots of pictures up on Flickr eventually, but I'm about to exceed my monthly allotment of uploading.

Thankyouthankyou to everyone who came!
Comments:
That photo is flippin' fantastic!
--

Ciro
 

Best. Party. EVAR.

The loftwarming shindig was multigenerationally mingle-tastic!

You've both got very cool parents. We had an awesome time.

Austin's playlist was fantastic - I wish I could have purchased the soundtrack on the way out.

Best To You Both,
Jeff K.
(Lifetime warranty/modification policy on the LED sign, natch.)
 

Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Iridesce. Make your own badge here.
 

Home  |  Archives  
Site Meter