Iridesce Sent
 

 
Twists and Turns of Phrase ::

iridesce at gmail dot com ::
 
 
 
About Me



Subscribe to My Site Feeds:
FeedBurner


Know; Correspond With; Love:
Something More Than a Machine

Know; Correspond With; Like:
I Am Tetsu Maiku!

Foxxtail

Frenetic License

Knock-Off Brand Root Beer Can

Penultima Thule

Dan Stutzbach

Welcome Consumer

Don't Know; Correspond With; Like:
The Dayree of Pritcher Littlebarn

James and the Blue Cat

Not Falling Down

Something Requisitely Witty and Urbane

Don't Know; Don't Correspond With; Like:
Defective Yeti

Dooce

Extended Cake Mix

Kottke

Mighty Girl

Mimi Smartypants

Oblivio

Que Sera Sera

This Afternoon in Drama

Geekery:
Astronomy Picture of the Day

Boing Boing

Engadget

Futurismic

Gizmodo

Neural

Popgadget

Slashdot

Wired News

Art and Design:
Apartment Therapy

Design Sponge

Funfurde

MoCo Loco

Sensory Impact

Shopping:
Amazon

Elsewares

Mark & Larry's Stuff

Mighty Goods

Wishing Fish

 
 
Friday, March 26, 2004
 
::FUTURE ME::

If "to future" was a verb, this site would enable you to future yourself. You can send yourself an email on a future date, to check up on your resolutions or your relationships or your rememories.

They've also got archives of others' letters to themselves. Some are dorky: "How long is your hair now GIRRRL?" Some are sweet: "I hope you're still married to Kai, he adores you like no one else." Some have hacked the system, sending emails to others: "Hey, it's Tony, your boyfriend from 2003. I don't know if we're together anymore, but I hope we're both happy."

Some are trying to be profound: "All I'm asking for is a little respect, maybe a moment of silence for your fallen PastMe, who is no more and who sacrificed so much for your freedom." And some are succeeding: "All my promises are tautologies."

I plan to future myself, though I'm not sure how future I'll get, or what I hope to remind myself. I will not forget the things I've figured out, how I feel about people, or why I am so unique.

I wish the site enabled you to write email to the past. Now that would be useful.

Link.

(via BoingBoing)
Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Iridesce. Make your own badge here.
 

Home  |  Archives  
Site Meter