Iridesce Sent
 

 
Twists and Turns of Phrase ::

iridesce at gmail dot com ::
 
 
 
About Me



Subscribe to My Site Feeds:
FeedBurner


Know; Correspond With; Love:
Something More Than a Machine

Know; Correspond With; Like:
I Am Tetsu Maiku!

Foxxtail

Frenetic License

Knock-Off Brand Root Beer Can

Penultima Thule

Dan Stutzbach

Welcome Consumer

Don't Know; Correspond With; Like:
The Dayree of Pritcher Littlebarn

James and the Blue Cat

Not Falling Down

Something Requisitely Witty and Urbane

Don't Know; Don't Correspond With; Like:
Defective Yeti

Dooce

Extended Cake Mix

Kottke

Mighty Girl

Mimi Smartypants

Oblivio

Que Sera Sera

This Afternoon in Drama

Geekery:
Astronomy Picture of the Day

Boing Boing

Engadget

Futurismic

Gizmodo

Neural

Popgadget

Slashdot

Wired News

Art and Design:
Apartment Therapy

Design Sponge

Funfurde

MoCo Loco

Sensory Impact

Shopping:
Amazon

Elsewares

Mark & Larry's Stuff

Mighty Goods

Wishing Fish

 
 
Monday, April 09, 2007
 
::BOOK 'EM::

I saw Stranger than Fiction last night, and my thoughts during the end credits (well, beyond, I love these end credits!) were, I want to see more films about writing books.

Any recommendations? I adored Adaptation, too.
Comments:
Surely you've seen Wonder Boys, but that's a great one about writing.
 

I second the Wonder Boys rec - I love that movie. Other movies that come to mind are Barton Fink (yay Cohen bros) and I Capture the Castle, which isn't great, but which has its moments (most of which are thanks to Bill Nighy). Topsy Turvy is often dull, but the production design is gorgeous, and the cast is impressive.

Oh, and The Squid and the Whale was great, although like I Capture the Castle, it's more about the children of writers. There's also Kicking and Screaming, by the same author/directof of The Squid and the Whale (who also co-wrote The Life Aquatic With Steve Zizzou).
 

Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Iridesce. Make your own badge here.
 

Home  |  Archives  
Site Meter